Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

SigNif - Like My Style



Milwaukee-bred NYC resident SigNif presents the Darren Cole/self-directed video for "Like My Style", the Gee Wiz-produced cut from her most recent release Embracing Rejection, which features J. Nolan, Haz Solo, Tay Lee, Gee Wiz, Keno, IzReal, HPThaHybrid, JBM, Radio Raheim, Thaddeus Otts, Knowsum, DJ Puerto Roc, Sauce Fonda, Sudan Life and Gambitt. "[Like My Style] is me explaining how I don’t fit the typical rapper mode, and how I’m 100% fine with that," says SigNif. "Embracing Rejection is about the trials and tribulations of a starving artist trying to pave her way into an industry that’s not particularly in her favor. Rejection is a big part of life and once I was able to except it, I was able to use if for encouragement." Rejection is the follow-up to last year's Significant Wizdom EP, produced entirely by Gee Wiz, which was preceded by The Transition (see her videos for "Lovely Imperfections" and "Drifting"). SigNif performs in NYC Wednesday April 25 at Lit Lounge (93 2nd Avenue) with J. Philippe, Laurensara, Ane, Yoshi Thetalent and K Rizz.

Download the free album @ http://signif.bandcamp.com/album/embracing-rejection

No comments:

Post a Comment